Saturday, September 5, 2009

You know it's bad...

...when you start dreaming about work. It's even worse when you start sleepwalking because of it. Yesterday I came home from work to Levi asleep on the couch. It's not unusual to find him taking a nap when he's not at work, but it is unusual to find him on the couch. I asked him why he was there instead of in bed and all he knew was that he started out in bed and somehow found himself on the couch. He couldn't remember what had prompted the move.

Then last night as we got in bed, suddenly the afternoon's events came back to him. He said he remembered thinking (in sleep, apparently) that if a customer came, no one would be there to help him. So, naturally, Levi got up and moved into the front room just in case a "customer" came.  I guess this is an indicator that he's been working too much. This week was Levi's first 40+ hour week, so his body must be obsessing over the change.

I remember when I first started working at POE I would have work dreams, too. In fact, I just had another one the other night. Does this happen to anyone else?

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes dream about sitting in class. I know that's not work.. but I do that currently a LOT more than I work. :) I also have dreams about video games. Thanks to Korey...

    ReplyDelete