Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The great state fair of Oklahoma

Last night Levi and I went to the state fair since Levi had never been. Plus, I won't lie, I really wanted a state fair corn dog. Well, I got a lot more than that. In fact, we practically ate our way through the fair. We had roasted corn, a corn dog (which I unfortunately dropped half of), a coke, pizza, a funnel cake, a gyro, and a root beer. We only rode the space needle, which was wise considering all the food we ate.

We both agreed that the best part of the fair is people-watching. People of all walks of life go to the fair and you can tell just by looking at the parking lot! There were all types of cars from an old VW bus to an Escalade.

We had a really great time. I grew up going to the fair, so I knew it would be fun; and now that Levi has experienced it, we decided to make going to the fair a family tradition, especially when we have kids someday.

If you haven't been yet this year, you should go. I took my camera so I could show you just how great it is, but unfortunately I didn't check the batteries before we left. Now you'll just have to go see it for yourself!

*Note from Levi: I love the fair now. Gyros are delicious! However, I have never had one served to me by someone who was wearing the colors of the Greek flag but had a hispanic accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment