Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Sushi Adventure

Since last night was the first night Levi didn't work until 9 or 9:30 all week, he decided to take me on a surprise date. He told me I needed to be up for an adventure and that it was something we had never done before. After making me close my eyes in the car, weaving through neighborhoods and turning around a lot to confuse me, we arrived at Copia, a wine and sushi place in downtown Norman.

First, we walked up and down Main St. because there was an artwalk of sorts (and a new Brangelina exhibit opening at MainSite, but that's another story) and then we made our way back to the restaurant for dinner. Now, I must say I had never tried sushi before, but Levi likes it and I had gotten my guts up to try it in Greece but we never did. So, last night was my night. We started off easy with the lobster bisque. It came with warm bread and was delicious! Then came the sushi.

I ordered cooked sushi because I wasn't quite ready to try the fresh. Baby steps. I got crab meat with cucumber and two other things I had never heard of; I put my pickiness aside to have an adventure. When it came time to take the first bite, I almost chickened out, but Levi told me to just put the whole roll in my mouth. It was awful. The texture was too weird and I had to spit it out. The flavor was good, but not good enough to make me eat it. Levi enjoyed his fresh salmon and the rest of my plate before we headed home for me to get a PB&J.

Next, we caught Up! at the dollar theater (which actually costs $2). It was the best movie I've seen in a really long time. Don't knock it because it's a kids' movie. It had a lot to say about life, love and adventure. You should see it.

All sushi experiences aside, it was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment