Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The best peanut butter cookies ever

This probably won't be the only recipe of the week, but I wanted to take a moment to steal a blog post from one of my friends. Last week, she shared her new-found love of AllRecipes.com. If you haven't been there, you have to try it! You can search for recipes and it will give you the top rated ones so you know they're good. For example, if you search for peanut butter cookies, you will find the one I chose to be one of the top rated ones. Also, you can search by category if you're just wanting to browse recipe options. It gets even better. You can save the recipes you're interested in trying to your online recipe box and also receive a Recipe of the Day by e-mail.

This Web site was immensely helpful when I was preparing this week's grocery list. In fact, I got so excited that I made a list of meals for two weeks instead of one! Then, when it was so rainy this weekend, I couldn't help but bake these peanut butter cookies. I especially love them because they're made with things always found in the pantry and better yet, no flour mess! I would have taken a picture, but I took most of them to work and they're gone. Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 cups peanut butter
1.5 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch of salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets. Stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in baking soda, vanilla, and salt. It's that easy! Roll into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Do the criss-cross pattern with a fork if you want - it's cute. Bake 10-13 min, then leave them on the cookie sheet a couple minutes before moving to a wire rack. Makes about 50 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Allrecipes.com! I am going to make these peanut butter cookies :)

    ReplyDelete