Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Things we love

After four days of living in our new house, I've compiled quite the list of things we love about it (in no particular order):
  1. The new electric oven (not the frustrating, yet cute, 1930s chambers stove/oven we've been using for the last year)
  2. Breathing room. Our new house is only 924 sq. ft. but it feels like a mansion compared to the 709 sq. ft. we're used to.
  3. Garbage disposal
  4. Dishwasher
  5. Kitchen sink spraying wand (it's the little things!)
  6. Plants to water (though I think, despite my efforts, they are dying due to the extreme heat)
  7. Friendly neighbors (an older couple brought us cookies Sunday night!)
  8. Carpet (I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually enjoying carpet in the main areas rather than the wood floors we had before. I should clarify that I mean the comfort, not the look)
I'm hopeful that as the days, weeks, months and years tick by, we will find even more things to love about our new house.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see "close proximity to my sister" on the list. Should I be offended? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I thought that was a given :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carpet was nice to collapse on during the moving.. better than collapsing on wood floors! You have better doorbell, too! :)

    ReplyDelete