Monday, August 23, 2010

Not so handy woman

Last weekend, I got ambitious and decided to construct the "climbing closet" Levi and I had been discussing since we moved in. Since I had some free time while Levi was at work and I was tired of having no place to put his climbing gear away, I made a trip to Home Depot to pick up some supplies.

The plan was to hang pegboard on the inside walls of our guest room closet so he could hang, organize and display his climbing/outdoor gear. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, not exactly. I had never used a drill before but it seemed pretty easy. I got everything I needed together and successfully attached this brace to the wall, but that's where the project ended.


It turns out that I got screws with too shallow of heads, meaning I stripped the heads in my drilling fury. Unfortunately, this left me with several abandoned wooden slats with half-drilled screws stuck in them.

Finally, I gave up trying to keep my project a surprise and told Levi about my folly. Thankfully, he was able to get the right screws on Saturday and finish up the project, allowing this amazing transformation to happen:






I'm so glad it's all put away!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Don't worry, I would have done the same thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete