Sunday, August 8, 2010

Shelf Love

Since we moved into our new house, I've been trying to harness my design style. Most of what we currently own was either given to us or we bought early on in our marriage out of necessity (meaning we bought what was affordable, not necessarily what fit our style). So, as of late, I have been trying to decide what I truly like and don't like and how I will decorate our new house.

I've decided I like vintage pieces and a shabby chic/country style. While I love this look, it certainly has made it difficult to find things we need like a bathroom cabinet or corner shelf for our kitchen because I can't just go to Target and buy something off the shelf. However, it means I get to stalk Craigslist and frequent antique/consignment stores!

Recently, I had been searching online for a corner shelf to store spices in our kitchen. I had a picture of what I wanted in my mind, but I was having trouble finding it. After an insanely busy week, I finally had time today to hit some stores around Norman. My first stop was a place I had never been: Roxy's Boutique. And to my surprise, they had EXACTLY the corner shelf I had envisioned! It was almost too easy. Check it out:


2 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE shelf! It IS perfect. You will enjoy finding new things for your house. I can't wait to see it now that you have moved in. See you soon. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SOO perfect! I'm glad you found something! I bet the cream looks great against your GREEN walls!! :)

    ReplyDelete