Friday, March 29, 2013

Organizing Baby Clothes

Have you ever tried to organize baby clothes? What about baby girl clothes? There are so many separate pieces! Dresses, pants, onesies, bloomers, bows, socks, sleepers, etc. Some are sets, some are stand-alones, and how is a person supposed to make sense of it all?

After my shower a couple of weeks ago I had A LOT of clothes to put away and no system. My OCD tendencies were panicking, but luckily I came up with a plan before my sisters and mom invaded my house to help.

I decided to organize the clothes by size and type. I split up the "sets" thinking I might sometimes want to use pants from one outfit to go with a different onesie. I wanted to maximize my options to mix and match, and this seemed the best way.

In her drawers, I put onesies and pants in bins by size (these came from Dollar Tree and fit perfectly! I was so pleased.) with smallest to largest left to right.


Then I corralled the socks and headbands in their own sections in the top drawer.


In the closet, I used door hangers I found at Dollar Tree (3/pack! What a steal!) and my sister wrote sizes on each one so I can keep everything divided smallest to largest left to right in there, too. I had seen this on Pinterest done with really cute scrapbook paper and cut-outs, but the crafty bone in my body is missing lately. It's temporary, I hope! I'm getting more tired these days and just don't care enough to make something cute (even though I wish to have made the cute homemade things I find!).


I'm feeling much better now that things are put away. My next project is "operation pom opening." I ordered several tissue poms to create this over her crib:


The only problem is that they all come flat and unfinished so that you have to open them all by pulling each layer of tissue apart by hand. When they came in the mail and I read the instructions that told me it should take about 10-15 minutes PER POM (I ordered 10!), I simply laid them all on the floor to see the color combination, closed the bedroom door and have been hoping they'll open themselves. :) 

1 comment:

  1. The pom project sounds like a sister Amy project or you could have a pom party! Mom

    ReplyDelete