Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Last Friday was my 25th birthday and, despite continuing to not feel well, I had a great day (that is, until I got sick in the restaurant bathroom after my birthday dinner with extended family, oh the joys of pregnancy). I enjoyed getting to see lots of family and I got great gifts, one of which was the duvet cover I've been pining for (thanks, Levi!).

I've had my eye out for a new duvet cover for our room for about two years now. I loved the duvet cover we got for our wedding, but that was before I really developed my "style" of decorating, so by the time we moved into our new house (now over two years ago) I needed to find a new one that would better fit our decor.

Before (in our old house because I didn't take a recent before picture - surprise!):


The problem with my search was that I didn't want a floral that would go out of date, I didn't want stripes again and I didn't want a solid one that would be too "blah". That really nixes most all of them, right? In fact, I had no idea what I wanted, but I thought I'd know it when I saw it. And that's just how it happened. After "window" shopping for a duvet cover online for about the millionth time, I found it.

After (forgive the poor cell phone picture!):


I'm also going to add the pillow below to the ensemble in the front middle. But, because I'm sick, tired and pregnant I didn't want to make the bed again so you'll just have to use your imagination. :)


I will probably also get a bed skirt that matches the above pillow. I think the darker chocolate brown ticking stripe will help ground the soft linen and blue/gray colors going on. 

That's all for now! I'm sure I'll have many more decorating posts in the near future. I have not one but two rooms to decorate before the baby comes since we'll be combining our current office with our guest room, which isn't finished being decorated to begin with, plus I'll have to decorate a complete nursery, too! I know it will be fine if it doesn't all get done, but I keep hearing that my energy level will pick up here in the second trimester (which I started today!) and that the sickness should wane, so hopefully I'll be back on the decorating wagon soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment