Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why, hello there. Who are you again?

Since Levi's last day at EMSA on the 14th, we've had an interesting transition. For example, last Saturday Levi and I ran errands all day and had a great time talking and laughing with each other. We both felt so freed just knowing that we'd get to have days like that more often for months and years to come! But, when we got home, I (subconsciously) plopped down on the couch, turned on the TV and starting ordering Christmas presents online, looking at Pinterest, etc. About two hours later, Levi pointed out that I hadn't spoken to him since we got home. Woops! I am so used to doing my own thing when I'm at home (because I've gotten used to being here alone), that I didn't even realize I was completely ignoring him.

As Levi so eloquently put it, "It's like being first married and learning how to live with each other all over again, except it's harder the second time because you don't have as much emotional good will." That's pretty accurate. I think we both expected to be having a blast with each other all the time when Levi's schedule changed, but it turns out that life still happens.

We also discovered that in our eight years together, we are just now experiencing the largest amount of time we've had together ever. It's weird and wonderful all at the same time. Despite our occasional frustrations with each other (that everyone has with people they live in such close proximity to), we are loving seeing more of each other. I never really considered it, but we could have had a much, much worse transition.

Here's to many more days, weeks, months and years of spending time with my wonderful husband, Levi!

No comments:

Post a Comment