Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in the Mountains

Levi and I just got home from visiting his dad in Colorado for Christmas. It's always been a Wilkins tradition to go on a snowboarding trip around Christmastime, but this year was a little different. Now, Levi's dad owns a house in Pagosa Springs, which made the trip easier.

We first visited Pagosa in October, and just one trip later it's already beginning to feel like our home away from home. It was fun to go snowboarding this year and think about how that is the mountain and those are the ski runs we will revisit for years to come.

I was pretty proud of my snowboarding skills this year. After not having boarded in two years, I was worried that I would fall every ten feet. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't fall down on any of the runs, and I only fell once getting off the lift (a BIG accomplishment for me!).

Levi and his dad, Steve

Me and Levi

I also got to try out my baking-at-high-altitude skills. I have to say, I'm glad I don't live at a high altitude all the time, because changing recipes is a pain! Almost every ingredient must be altered, as well as the baking temperature. Despite all that, baking chocolate chip cookies at high altitude was a fun and yummy challenge.

The only thing missing from the trip was a hot tub. I told Levi's dad that I'll give him a year to get settled, but there should be a hot tub by next Christmas. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your foot has healed and you were able to snow board! What a fun trip around Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete