Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Creative Christmas

This year, I decided to make several of the Christmas gifts I gave. It was an effort to save some money and also give more thoughtful gifts. Pinterest filled me with inspiration, and I quickly fired up my sewing machine, hot glue gun and kitchen utensils. Here are some things I made, along with their tutorial links.

Coffee Sleeves
With Starbucks gift cards, of course!


Bath Soak


Cookie Jars
I put this jar of cookie mix with a plastic Christmas platter, snowflake pot holder, red spatula and Christmas cookie cutters to make a complete gift.


Sewing Kit
This is the tutorial picture. The one I made was in a slightly larger mason jar with more sophisticated fabric and a fabric store gift card inside (along with the rest of the sewing items).


Infinity Scarves
I failed to take pictures of the ones I made, which were solid apple green and solid plum.


Superhero Cape
I made one of these last year, and it was such a hit that I made three this year!


Santa Hat Party Mix
Yummy, but a pain to make!



1 comment: