Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weekend Project #3: Kitchen Sink

As many of you probably know, I'm a stickler for organization. I get quite a bit of pleasure from organizing/filing/cleaning and simply making life a little less chaotic. Since we moved into our new house, the catch-all place for any rarely used items in our (extremely small!) kitchen has been under the sink. Although it's driven me crazy since day one, I didn't bother to do anything about it until last weekend. After all, it was just too easy to close the cabinet doors and forget about the whole mess.

Here's the before:



I know what you're thinking but, no, I did not dramatize this photo. All of that actually fell out when I opened the doors. You see my problem.

After:


Clearly, this project was so worth it! I had to move a few bigger kitchen appliances (espresso machine and george foreman grill) to the garage, but I don't think that will be a problem since we don't use them on a daily basis. I'm especially happy with our new, bigger recycle bin in the middle. Now we won't have recyclables overflowing out of the bin if we wait a day or two to take them outside. 

Now for those unruly cabinets in the hall....

No comments:

Post a Comment