Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in review

I'm giving in to the peer pressure of writing a wrap-up post about 2010, even though I don't consider the year to be that blogworthy. Overall, I think 2010 was a great year. It was pretty stress-free for me, but quite the opposite for Levi, as he's still trying to get on with a fire department (hopefully Norman FD will work out in 2011!).

Here are a few big events of the year:
  • Levi started working for EMSA as an EMT-B
  • Levi started taking classes at Oklahoma City Community College to get his paramedic certification
  • We bought our first house
  • We celebrated our first year of marriage
  • We vacationed in the Outer Banks (NC)
  • I got a "promotion" (really just more responsibilities at my job)
  • We grew to love University Fellowship Church even more and worked to invest in relationships there
I think that, ultimately, this was a year of growth and maturity for us. I feel like Levi and I are finally settling in to this grown-up life, and it's really not so bad. I still miss the long breaks we got in college, though!

We're really excited to see what 2011 brings. We don't have any plans (except for Levi's job change, Lord-willing), so everthing that happens will be a surprise! I think it's best that way. Bring on the surprises!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we met and became friends in 2010!! What a wonderful year!! Happy New Year to the Wilkins!!!

    ReplyDelete