Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hoarders

Levi and I are about the furthest thing from being hoarders, but I noticed tonight that that may not be true in one area of our material lives. As I was looking around the house for something to take to my annual office Christmas party as a dirty santa gift, I found myself looking through the shelves and shelves of books we have.

I found several that, at first glance, I thought we could part with, but then I second-guessed myself every time. Either the book had been signed by the author, I plan to actually read it some day (yeah, right) or I simply like the idea of owning that particular book. I'm definitely not alone, as Levi has even more books than me on the shelves just because he "likes to have them."

We're not book collectors, per say, but it does seem that once we get a book, we struggle to part with it. Come on, people, tell me I'm not alone. What things do you like to hoard?

1 comment:

  1. Caleb and I have books in a bookcase in our room, a DVD tower in the living room, and on the top two shelves of the pantry :) We dream of having a "library" someday-a whole room lined with floor to ceiling bookcases!

    ReplyDelete