Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spanish Chicken

I tried a great new recipe this week from the Rachael Ray magazine subscription my sister got me for my birthday:

Spanish Chicken
2-4 chicken breasts (I used frozen)
3 cups chicken stock
2 T butter
1 C white rice
3 cloves garlic (I used minced garlic instead, powder would work too)
1.5 t ground coriander
1 t ground cumin
1/8 t ground cinnamon (trust me!)
A few pinches of cloves (I left this out)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can diced tomatoes

Combine 2 cups chicken stock, garlic, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, pepper and tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Blend well. Pour over chicken in crockpot. Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.

Cook rice as directed, using 1 cup chicken stock and 2 T butter in place of water (I used Minute Rice).

Serve chicken on top of rice, drizzle sauce over.

By the way, this wasn't originally a crockpot recipe, but I adapted it for the crockpot since I think it's so much easier! Enjoy!

NOTE: This recipe would also be good with beef, but you would have to use pre-cooked or frozen beef pieces because fresh won't get fully cooked in the crockpot. Also, the original recipe calls for 1 large ancho chile, seeded and stemmed, 2 onions and 2 ribs of chopped celery. If you're into these ingredients (which I'm not), you should cut them up and saute them in EVOO in a skillet for 7-8 min to soften before adding them to the rest of the sauce mixture in the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment