Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nursery Progress

Despite my mental block against decorating this room (What's wrong with me? I LOVE decorating!) I'm starting to make some progress on the nursery. Levi finished painting this week (man, picking a paint color was an ordeal!) and his mom bought a chandelier that his dad helped him hang. So, as you can tell from the last sentence, maybe I'm not making progress on the nursery so much as other people are doing it for me! I'll take all the help I can get at this point. 

Here are a few notes/disclaimers before you see all the pictures (unless you cheated and skipped ahead):
  • Her crib was my big splurge for the room. It was ridiculously over-priced but I LOVE it and am so happy I went for it. I know it will hold up for years (and, Lord-willing, more children) to come.
  • That small wooden rocker is just in there for now. It usually lives in our living room but we've been playing around with some alternate rocker ideas. My original plan was to convert the pink/brown chair below that I picked up for free on the side of the road to a glider by buying the swivel glider mechanism for the bottom, removing the feet and reupholstering it. Well, so far I have ordered the mechanism and bought fabric, but now that I've got the rest of the room going I don't like the fabric I picked and the chair seems too big. I still don't know what I'm going to do in this department....


  • Everything else is still in flux. I have way more decorative things than I will have room for on the walls and shelves, so I will need to do some picking and choosing soon. I feel like if I can just get the furniture decided and placed then everything else will be easier. Right now everything is just in the room wherever it landed. Let's hope the layout comes to me soon!



a closer look at her bumper pad

As a side note, I think I found the crib skirt that matches the bumper pad on eBay but it's $75! Of course, I would really love for it to match but I just can't allow myself to pay that. If anyone happens to be reading this who would like to buy it as a shower gift, I will shamelessly put in a plug for it. Here's the link. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment