Saturday, April 28, 2012

April Showers, etc.

April has been a whirlwind of a month! Between work and personal commitments, I haven't had time to document any of it, so here's a roundup post to summarize the goings-on in the Wilkins house. 

On the 13th, I had an awards banquet for work to put on, which meant long hours in the weeks leading up to it. That Friday happened to be the day of all the crazy tornado weather in Norman (where our office is and where most of our staff lives), so it was an interesting night with emotions running high, but the event was pulled off without too many hitches. In the meantime, Levi was at work manning a storm shelter of 150 people by himself. He said that, for some reason, his firefighter get-up made everything think he must also be a meteorologist! The tornado hit right next to the shelter, but thankfully the school where they were remained intact. 

Last weekend, my mother-in-law and I hosted a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, and I managed to fail at taking pictures. Below are the few I snapped (on my poor-quality phone camera) of the setup before the shower got underway. Somehow, I didn't even get a picture of Becca (the bride-to-be) and I!





On Thursday, Levi and I went to the Zac Brown Band concert at the Chesapeake Arena. It was awesome! We both really like their music, and we didn't get to see them when they were here a couple of years ago, so I'm glad we went. I managed to remember my camera, only to get there and realize the battery was dead. Clearly, you should never trust me to be in charge of taking pictures! Also, both of us had left our phones in the car, so there wasn't even the hope of phone camera pictures. I was pretty bummed, but at least we remembered to take one when we got back to the car:


The fun of April isn't over yet! Today we're planning to go to an impromptu, informal Wilkins family reunion in Guthrie and then I'm bowling for a Big Brothers Big Sisters of Oklahoma fundraiser with my sisters. Tomorrow, Levi will be running a relay with his recruit class in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. It's been a great month. Bring on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment