Saturday, November 5, 2011

Levi the firefighter

That's right, Levi got offered a job this week with the Norman Fire Department! I've thought about how I would write this post for literally years as we made our way through hiring processes for multiple departments (I say "we" because it was an emotional roller coaster for both of us!), but now I don't know what to say.

I guess I should say that Levi can't really believe that it's true. After not getting hired with six departments over the last three years, it's hard to believe it will ever happen. There is one final obstacle this week: medical tests that will determine whether or not he's physically fit for the job. He just knows there will be some part of his anatomy that is unusual, and the rug will get pulled out from under him. I daily tell him otherwise.

We are so excited and feel like we can finally let go of the breath we've been holding until now, waiting for him to get this job. It's such a relief! Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement over the last few years. We couldn't have made it here without your support!

4 comments:

  1. I knew those positive thoughts would work. Congratulations!! Uncle P and Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Emily! That's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! We have been thinking of you guys and wondering how it would all turn out. We even asked our friend in the NFD to find out more about the hiring process. I'm so glad God worked it out! Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete