Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chair Transformation

Last weekend, I helped my friend Jana recover a chair. It was covered in an outdated floral pattern and was in desperate need of new life. I had never recovered a chair before, but I thought it seemed easy enough after reading a few tutorials online and, for some reason, Jana trusted me. I really enjoy sewing, and since I never use patterns and most things turn out alright, I decided I could definitely handle the chair project.

After two Saturdays of searching for the right fabric, we finally found a really cute green pattern (it doesn't look that green in the pictures, but it is!) and ordered 10 yards. We thought that would be more than enough, but it turned out to be exactly the right amount with no extra.

Jana and I worked for nine hours last Saturday and finished the chair all in one day. It was a lot of work and it's definitely not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty nicely and she's very happy with it. I think the best part is that we'll always have the memories of having worked on it together.

Here's the transformation (true to form, I forgot the "before" picture):

No comments:

Post a Comment