Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day #2

Well, as you can tell, I haven't had a lot to blog about lately. We've been mostly snowed in for the last week and I'm off work again today for snow storm #2. Unfortunately, Levi has to work today, so Molly and I will be hanging out watching girly movies and eating popcorn (and dog treats).

I was worried when the snow came last week after we had only had Molly a week. I was almost paralyzed by the stress of the thought of her not going outside to go to the bathroom and, instead, going all over the house. Luckily, there was only one accident the whole time. We're still learning how to tell she needs to go out, so I was relieved that there weren't more accidents.

Surprisingly, Molly loves the snow. The first time she saw it, she seemed scared and we had to literally throw her out into it, but after that she began frolicking around and playing with the neighbor dogs through the fence. She doesn't even seem to notice the cold. The only thing she doesn't like is cold howling wind that blows snow with it. I can't blame her.

So, thankfully, things have been going well with having a new dog in a blizzard. This is about the worst weather situation I can imagine in which to have a pet, so if we can make it through this, we can make it through anything!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude Emily! Just think by the summer she'll be house trained & you'll have so many more activities that you can do with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dogs absolutely love the snow. Like Molly, they prefer not to have it blow on them, but they can stay outside for hours and run and play in it. Snow is like a brand new toy for them!

    ReplyDelete