Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Housewarming and Treasures from Wanda

This last weekend, Levi and I hosted a housewarming party for our families and a few friends. I made way to much food and it was a fun time. I was extra excited about arranging the food table, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out (thanks, Lin, for letting me borrow the awesome warming tray!).


If you didn't get a chance to stop by, we would be happy to have you any time!

On another note, I'd like to say a bit about how awesome my neighbor Wanda is. I've mentioned her before, but I continue to be in awe of how much she thinks of me and how giving she is. During the 100 days we've lived in this house (I can't believe it's already been that long!), she has given me all of the following and never asked for anything in return (though I have been able to give her a side table, basket, wall cross and some magazines):

A 1940s quilt that Wanda got free from an estate sale she worked

A wonderful old door that was just living in Wanda's shed. I plan to paint it and use it as a headboard in the guest room.

1940s Thanksgiving postcard from an uncle to his niece

A "frog" - apparently it's used to arrange flowers in the bottom of a vase

A sweet little pink chair with a punched-hole star design on the seat

4 panels of sheer Waverly curtains

A collection of old stamps

May I be as selfless and thoughtful as Wanda! God has blessed us so much by living here, and I look forward to all He'll continue to do to build our relationships with our neighbors in the years to come. What a wonderful community!

1 comment: