Friday, October 29, 2010

Roof Transformation

As you can tell from my lack of posts, there hasn't been a lot going on at the Wilkins house lately. We did get a new roof this week (well, actually it was all done yesterday) and I was very impressed with the company that did it: Red Cedar Roofing.

They were considerably cheaper than other companies (which made me a little skeptical of their work) but since my sister recommended them, I decided to go for it. They turned out to be fast, friendly and clean (what I appreciated most). I couldn't believe that they even took care to dust off my front porch chairs!

Our old roof was 15+ years old and we knew it needed to be replaced when we bought the house. In fact, the people who "flipped" our house spray painted the roof black to make it look better.

Here's the transformation:

(It actually looked dark black in person)


I really wish I would have taken a "before" picture (the one up there is just from the real estate site) because you can't really see the transformation. We're happy with the results, though, and are glad we don't have to worry about what bad weather might do now!

3 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks so much for giving us their card- we'll have to use them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new roof certainly looks great! I particularly like the modern feel that the shingles give the entire house. That asymmetrical, brick-layer-type of pattern feels both traditional and modern. And it’s a good thing you found a good company to do it for you! You’re right – no more weather worries!

    ReplyDelete