Monday, February 8, 2010

Surprise!

Last Friday was Levi's birthday and I planned a double-whammy surprise day for him. After work, we drove to Edmond where we met both of our families for dinner at Outback. He had requested Outback for dinner (but had forgotten) and he had no idea why were driving so far north for dinner. I'm sure he figured it out when we pulled into the Outback parking lot in Edmond, but he was still surprised. After dinner my parents presented him with a coconut cream pie (his favorite and also a request that he had forgotten).


When we left dinner, Levi thought the surprise was over. Actually, it was far from it. Lately, we had been talking about going to Maker's in Bricktown so on our way back to Norman I suggested we stop there to get drinks. Luckily, he was all for it. When we got there and had to walk past several empty tables to get to our waiting friends, he was really confused (again, he wasn't expecting another surprise). When we finally reached them, he was super surprised and ended up having an unexpectedly great night.

Overall, the surprise planning paid off and the day was a success. I finally feel redeemed after he found out about the surprise party I threw him in high school before it happened. Now what will I ever do next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment