Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Unfortunately, Levi had the stomach virus on Valentine's Day, so we had to celebrate Monday night, but it was just as special as if it had been on the actual holiday. Levi cooked up quite an adventure this year and I must say he's gotten really good at planning for special occasions in the last year or two. 

I had told him that this year instead of a gift, I wanted us to take pictures of different things that could look like letters (fences, trees, etc.) and spell our last name with them. I saw these done at An Affair of the Heart and they're really neat (but expensive!). Well, somehow Levi thought I meant different actual letters around town, so he planned the following surprise that turned out to be great.

Levi told me we'd be going to a different location to get each letter's picture and at each location, I would get something having to do with Valentine's Day. Here's where we went:

W - Betty Lou's FloWer Shop where he gave me a rose
I - MIchelangelo's where he was going to get me chocolates but I wanted chai :)
L - The Spirit Shop (the L is for liquor on their sign) where we got wine
K - HallmarK where he had me open the glovebox in the car to find a card
I - HastIngs where he got me a book for a gift 
N - Sweet Basil Thai CuisiNe for dinner
S - We went home where we watched one of my favorite movies MuSic and Lyrics (but took an S picture at Native Roots Market just because the one on their sign was cool)

I've got a keeper :)


1 comment:

  1. What a guy. :-) I have been wanting one of those letter signs, too!

    ReplyDelete