Sunday, October 4, 2009

What is this thing called free time?

Lately I've had quite an abundance of free time. For about the last 15 years of my life I've been in school, which meant when I got home I would either have homework or band practice or private lessons, etc. Now that I have a full-time job that allows me to leave my work at work and I'm out of school so I have no homework, I've found myself wondering what to do in the evenings and on weekends, especially when Levi works, which is often.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm definitely enjoying free time opposed to the alternative. Levi and I have talked a lot lately about how being out of school is a lot less stressful than being in school. While this is great,  I need something to fill a healthy portion of the time without overloading myself. I don't want a commitment; just a hobby or two. You've probably noticed that I've taken up trying new recipes and baking, sometimes multiple times a week. I really enjoy this, but since Levi and I are just two people, I've found myself taking lots of baked goods to work and we're all gaining weight because of it.

When I had my fill of baking last week, I finally decided to go to the library to get a good book. I actually found two. I've really enjoyed reading the last few days, especially when it's in a bubble bath. So, I guess through all my boredom I've found a couple things to do, but sometimes I still find myself staring at the wall wondering what to do. Any fun, cheap ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment