Monday, January 7, 2013

2nd Trimester Highs

In honor of being halfway through my pregnancy today (20 weeks!), I thought I'd give a re-cap of this trimester so far. To those who have talked to me in person, it's no secret that pregnancy has been harder than I imagined and I'm not enjoying it. I know it will be so worth it in the end and I know that I will "forget" and go through it all again someday, but for now I'm just ready to jump to the end.

High Points
  • Energy - I can do things again! During the first trimester when I was so, so sick and exhausted it was a chore to even think about going through the CVS drive-through to pick up my nausea medication, and I didn't even consider trying to make a trip to the grocery store! Thankfully, I have a normal person's energy again (for the most part). 
  • No Nausea - Well, less anyway. I feel fine most of the time, but I've still gotten sick a handful of times during this trimester. It always hits me when I least expect it, usually after having gone too long without eating (which can be as little as 3 hours!). 
  • Appetite - I can now tolerate and even sometimes want more than just a few nibbles of food other than saltines. 
  • It's a Girl! - Finding out the gender of Baby Wilkins was definitely a high point of this trimester. Most of all, we're happy she's healthy.
Here's to the next 20 weeks going by as quickly as the first 20. Who knows, maybe (with a little luck) she'll even come early!

No comments:

Post a Comment