Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life Updates

Clearly, I haven't had much news worthy of a full post lately, so here are a few tidbits instead.

I got an intern.
I've never had an intern before. In fact, I still feel like an intern myself, even though I've had a "big girl" job for almost three years. I was just getting used to becoming a supervisor of one person (the multimedia guy who joined our staff last July) and now, all of a sudden, I'm the supervisor of two! I had three internships in college and learned important skills from each of them. I want this experience to be beneficial to my intern, and I feel a bit of pressure to make it interesting and fulfilling for her. She knows she's my first intern, so hopefully her expectations aren't too high. She just started last week, so we'll see how it goes!

Levi got his own gear at work.
This is actually more exciting than it sounds. The recruits have been wearing hand-me-down gear, and their new, personalized gear was passed out today. It's especially neat that Levi's name is printed inside. It's really his! It looks super new, though (obviously), and he's not allowed to wear it until after the "live burns" in academy so that the newbies look ridiculous once they start shift work at the stations in April.

Molly turned two.
According to the paperwork we got when we rescued her, Molly's birthday is sometime in January. It's convenient that we got her January 27, 2011 when she likely just turned 1. So, we decided to say that the day we got her is her "birthday." She is a big girl now, 2 whole years old, and we've noticed her mature almost daily. We can now trust her to stay inside all day by herself and not chew anything (though I'm not sure how many days of being cooped up she can handle!). We love her companionship and have enjoyed having her for the last year!

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll get a few home projects finished soon and have something to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment