Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Dresser Update and TV Fame

Things have been busy, yet lacking excitement around here lately as you'll note by my lack of posts. I was waiting to get the finishing wax for my dresser before I posted "after" pictures, but I have yet to order it online (I can't find it in any store around Norman!), so I went ahead and brought it inside anyway. Here's the basic look without the finishing wax and knobs:


In other news, I had my first career TV experience this morning on KSBI! My boss was booked to do a short segment about an upcoming event we're having at the end of this month, and she asked me to go along dressed and ready to go as a back-up since she's been having coughing fits lately and never knows when one might hit.

When we arrived, she was signing the paperwork when the receptionist asked if we were going on together. That wasn't the original plan, but because of the power of suggestion, Ginger thought it would be a great opportunity for me and said I should go on with her.

We were taken to the green room where we sat waiting for more direction. Unfortunately, the only direction we got was when we were given mikes and told to head to the set. No introductions, no instructions, all winging it - and that's definitely not my style.

Although I wouldn't consider myself a "TV person" after this event, it was exciting and a great opportunity. I think I did alright despite my lack of preparation. You be the judge: watch here.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you looked like you completely knew what you were doing!! You are a natural! Also, your "project" turned out real well and looks great with your chairs. Who knew my daughter had so much talent!
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Emily! How exciting for you to be on tv! I love the dresser and the chairs they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major props on all the woodworking and painting looks good! Kudos on the tv thing also!
    ~ Stanford

    ReplyDelete